• USD/JPY rose in line with the Nikkei rally, after yen weakened on soft Japan data.
• The weaker Bank of Japan Tankan index and PMI report increase the case for more BoJ policy easing.
• USD/JPY traded from 119.77 to 120.28, EUR/JPY from 133.78 to 134.25 before falling back.
• EUR/USD opened in Asia at 1.1177, weighed down by Wednesday’s weak Eurozone inflation data.
• The pair fell to as low as 1.1145.
• EUR/AUD was sold after risk appetite returned on good China PMIs, which helped the aussie
• GBP/USD was steady in quiet Asia trading, trading a range between 1.5121-35.
• EUR/GBP was still under pressure after weak Eurozone CPI. The pair traded down to 0.7364.
• USD/CHF rose from 0.9730 to 0.9762 on USD/JPY rally before easing back.
• EUR/CHF was heavy post-weak Euro zone CPI data, traded in Asia between 1.0875-88.
• AUD/USD opened in Asia at 0.7015, dipped to 0.6998 then rallied to 0.7063 on risk appetite.
• The better than forecast China PMI data helped the rally.
• NZD/USD closed in New York at 0.6400. The pair rose in Asia from 0.6387 to 0.6428.
• NZD tracked AUD higher on improved risk appetite after China PMI data.