- Possible market moving events today are inflation figures from Euro area as well as the unemployment rate. In the US, we have the consumer confidence due. Yesterday, Markets were rocked by Trump’s dismissal of the Attorney General, who refused to implement the travel ban. Markets are starting to be cautious over the protectionist policies.
- The Dollar gained partially its strength, before giving it all back yesterday. EURUSD reached an 11-day low of 1.0620 after Germany’s inflation came lower than expectations, diminishing chances for a change in policy from the ECB.
- The USDJPY was down to 113.23 from 114.90 as markets reacted negatively on Trump’s actions but also because the Bank of Japan stood pat on monetary policy.
- The GBPUSD was up 0.2% at $1.2516, but still within reach of a near one-week low of $1.2466 plumbed overnight on nervousness ahead of Thursday’s Bank of England policy meeting.
- Shares in Asia fell as the JPY gathered strength following Wall street’s drop. Nikkei dropped 1.60% with Chinese markets closed for their Lunar holiday’s.
- GOLD capitalized on risk aversion, falling stock markets, and renewed geopolitical risks, and climbed above $1200 after briefly touching $ 1180 last week.
Markets now will shift focus on Tomorrow’s FOMC as well as Super Thursday in the UK
The post Bullet Report: Dollar falls amid Trump risks, Gold benefits appeared first on Forex.Info.