XAUUSD Daily Technical Outlook and Review 25th June
The daily timeframe shows that both buyers and sellers within the daily supply area at 1331.13-1318.24 have been active, with the sellers beginning to come out ahead at the time of writing.
The decision point supply area at 1331.13-1327.42 was nearly hit recently, a further test may be likely depending on how much liquidity pro money need to obtain to break the lower demand (S/D flip area) at 1314.49-1309.37.
Price now remains capped between the demand and supply area just mentioned above. If a break is seen above the supply just mentioned, we could possibly see price testing oncoming supply a little higher up at 1342.46-1337.02, conversely, a break below demand (levels above) would likely see price testing the S/D flip area below at 1284.88-1280.74.
Pending/P.A confirmation orders:
- Pending buy orders (Green line) are seen within demand (S/D flip area… 1284.88-1280.74) at 1282.82. We have set a pending buy order here due to the fact there was a decision made here (marked by the black horizontal level, when decisions are made by pro money, they may be unfilled buy orders left there, hence the fact we have set our pending order there.
- Pending buy orders (Green line) are seen just above demand (1258.57-1265.27) at 1268.91. We are permitted to set a pending buy order here as the buyers have consumed sellers within (which was at the time of writing) supply at 1293.47-1285.52, as per the previous confirmation buy order originally set at 1266.00 (See Thursday 19th June for details).
- No P.A confirmation buy orders (Red line) are seen in the current market environment.
- Pending sell orders (Green line) are seen just below the supply/decision point (1331.13-1327.42) at 1325.90. A pending sell order was set here because this area is deep within daily supply (1331.13-1318.24) and the momentum away from the area indicates unfilled orders may well be left there.
- No P.A confirmation sell orders (Red line) are seen in the current market environment.
The daily timeframe has shown more activity was recently seen within daily supply at 1331.13-1318.24, while the 4hr timeframe shows our pending sell order set at 1325.90 was nearly filled today, a shame really as we would have been sitting in a nice profit by now! The aforementioned pending sell order will be remain in place as a further test of this area is likely to happen before a break of demand (S/D flip area) at 1314.49-1309.37 is seen.
- Areas to watch for buy orders: P.O: 1268.91 (SL: 1264.30 TP: Dependent on approaching price action) 1282.82 (SL: 1275.12 TP: Dependent on approaching price action). P.A.C: There are currently no P.A confirmation buy orders seen in the current market environment.
- Areas to watch for sell orders: P.O: 1325.90 (SL: 1332.71 TP: Dependent on approaching price action). P.A.C: There are currently no P.A confirmation sell orders seen in the current market environment
For the readers’ benefit:
Price action confirmation: simply means traders will likely wait for price action to confirm a level by consuming the opposing supply or demand area, then entering a trade on a possible retracement, this may occur on the lower timeframes also.
Pending orders: means pending orders are likely seen.
Source: IC Markets Trading Desk